Deep drawing is a sheet metal forming process in which a sheet metal blank is radially drawn into a forming die by the mechanical action driven by the hydraulic press machine. It is such a shape transformation process with material retention.
Multi-purpose 315 ton Double Action Deep Drawing Hydraulic Press is a special design heavy duty deep drawing press for making a wide range of products such as the wheel hubs.
Detailed technical specification of the above 315 Ton double action deep drawing hydraulic press
- Nominal Force: 3150 KN
- Hydraulic system pressure: 25 Mpa
- Ejector ram nominal force: 630 KN
- Main Ram Traveling Stroke: 800 mm
- Ejection ram stroke: 300 mm
- Daylight Opening: 1250 mm
- Working Table Size: 1200*1120 mm
- Motor: 22 KW
- Ram close speed: 100 mm/s
- Pressing speed: 6-12 mm/s
- Ram return speed: 60 mm/s
- Machine overall sizes: 2760*2559* 2800mm
- Machine weight 4500 KGs
For making hubs/wheels
The process is considered double action deep drawing when the depth of the drawn part exceeds its diameter.
This is achieved by redrawing the part through a series of dies. The flange region (sheet metal blank in the die shoulder area) experiences a radial drawing stress and a tangential compressing stress due to the material retention property. These compressing stresses ( hoop stresses ) result in flange wrinkle(wrinkle of the first order). By using a blank holder we can prevent wrinkle. The function of which is to facilitate controlled material flow into the die radius.